With only a day until the kick-off of the NBA season, so much has changed and Jersey Girl Sports is here to help you find your way through all of the confusion that you might be feeling walking into this NBA season. Yeah, yeah I know, new players with new teams, teams with new coaches, but trust me there is a lot of the same ol’, same ol’. With that being said, I have compiled the Top 10 things that every woman needs to know before she even steps out of the house to partake in any NBA activity.
1. Jersey Girl Sports is the place to get all of your NBA sports news, scores, drama on and off the court, and random information that we may come across all from a woman’s POV. Now don’t get me wrong, it’s the same news and information that you can get anywhere else, but Jersey Girl Sports has a special knack for being able to add that special feminine flare that is missing. So keep in mind throughout the season…Jersey Girl Sports is the one stop for all things NBA.
2. The newest Dynasty resides in Miami. No I’m not referring to the 1980’s soap opera that featured the wealthy Carrington family, but I’m talking about the wealthy families of Wade, James and Bosh. That’s right, and if you’ve been living under a rock, the newest NBA Dynasty has assembled themselves in Miami. Only days after D. Wade decided to stay put in Miami, Chris Bosh left Toronto for the sandy beaches and then a primetime special gave us the news that LeBron James was leaving Cleveland to join Wade and Bosh. Who knows if this is going to work, who knows if Wade and James are going to be able to co-exist on the same team, who knows if they are going to be able to make it to the NBA Finals, but what I do know is there is going to be a lot of money made off of these three men and some very exciting basketball.
3. Kobe is STILL the man! That’s right I said it, no matter what team I like or what player I’m following during the season, Kobe Bryant is still one the best players to grace the courts in the last couple of years. Now I’m not going as far to say that he’s better than Michael Jordan as I’ve heard some say, but trust me he does have skills. After 5 championship rings, 2 Finals MVP titles, 12 All-Star appearances, and the list goes on and on and on, Kobe Bryant is still an electric player to watch. With the way things are heating up in Miami, I wonder how Kobe and the Lakers will answer that question.
4. One thing I’ve got to tell you while in still talking about L.A. is that the city will be your host of the 2011 NBA All-Star Game. So if you ever wanted to go to L.A. and not only see the hottest celebrities, but also the hottest in the NBA, then you will want to start making reservations to travel west February 17th – 20th. After last year’s “snow-gate” in Dallas, the court was still on fire. Now seriously, I don’t know what’s better the actual game or the fun competitions on the days prior. So be on the lookout for the 3-point shootout, the rookies vs. the sophomores, and the coveted slam dunk contest. So pack your bags and get plenty of sleep because it’s sure to be a party in L.A.
5. NBA Cares is the league’s global community outreach initiative that addresses important social issues such as education, youth and family development, and health and wellness. The NBA, its teams, and players support a range of programs, partners and initiatives that strive to positively impact children and families worldwide. As part of the league’s mission to demonstrate leadership in social responsibility, NBA Cares reaches communities through philanthropy, hands-on service and legacy projects. Since October 2005 when NBA Cares was launched, the league, players and teams have raised more than $145 million for charity, provided more than 1.4 million hours of hands-on service, and built more than 525 places where kids and families can live, learn or play in communities around the world. Check out the initiatives of NBA Cares at www.nba.com/nba_cares.
6. This particular tip we got from the very sexy, very tall Atlanta Hawks Baller, Al Horford who says when you go to the game don’t know more than your man. I totally agree…every man wants to know his lady can keep up and know what’s happening on the court, but he doesn’t want to be sitting next to his boys or else he would have brought them instead of you. So hit-up your favorite NBA teams in your Jersey Girl tee and have fun without being a human highlight reel…I’m just saying.
7. Just like every sport there are hundreds of some of the hottest men, and basketball is no exception. Where should I start…there’s Kobe, LeBron, D-Wade, Dwight Howard and Tony Parker, and let’s not forget the seasoned hotties like Derek Fisher and Grant Hill, but really the list could go on and on and on. So ladies as you’re watching the game don’t forget to check out the team’s goods and give Jersey Girl Sports a shout when you have a “Hottie Alert”.
8. That’s right, VH1 has renewed the reality show Basketball Wives for a second season. So get ready for more of the antics of Royce Reed, Jennifer Williams, Evelyn Lozada, Suze Ketcham and Shaunie O’Neal. There has been conflicting information on whether Gloria Govan will be returning to the showbut if she doesn’t there are reports that there will be two additions to the cast members, Ashley Walker, who is the fiancé of Rafer Alston, and Tami Roman, who launched her reality TV fame by first appearing on MTV’s Real World, but no one knows which NBA star she is linked to. Catch out the Season 2 of Basketball Wives in the Winter of 2011.
9. One of the best basketball shows out there is Inside the NBA produced by the wonderful folks at TNT. Each week Ernie Johnson, Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley give you scores, highlights, news, gossips and their uncanny opinion of what’s going on in the NBA. This season TNT is trying something new by taking the show on the road each week to a different game, so it will be interesting to see if they can keep those same dynamics on the road. Inside the NBA kicks off Tuesday night on TNT (check your local listings for times).
10. Even at the beginning of the season, the NBA Finals are on the minds of players, coaches and fans alike. With all of the speculation, no one knows for sure who will be awarded a ring for a job well done. Will Kobe get the Lakers a 6th ring? Will the “new NBA Dynasty” of James, Wade and Bosh, bring another ring to Miami? Will Doc Rivers take his Celtics back to championships? Who knows but whoever makes it, will have to get pass a talented group of players.
With these 10 tidbits you should be ready to take the NBA by storm. Throughout the season, be sure to keep track of all of the hottest NBA news on Jersey Girl Sports…Where Women and Sports Meet on OUR Terms!