If you thought you knew or if you know somebody who thinks he/she knows everything about a particular sport, (it's probably a guy) here's some interesting facts most people don't know! Enjoy!
1. The amount of actual football action in an average NFL game: 11 minutes
Golf was first played by ancient Romans who used bent wooden sticks and leather ball stuffed with feathers for this purpose.
3. Basketball great Wilt Chamberlain never fouled out of a game.
4. The Yankees were the first one to identify their team of baseball players by numbers.
5. Jackie Robinson was the first baseball player to be named rookie of the year. This happened in 1947.
6. The first “hoops” were actually just peach baskets and the first backboards were made of wire.
7. Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
8. The average life span of a major league baseball is 5-7 pitches.
9. During WWII, because a lot of players were called to duty, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Philadelphia Eagles combined to become "The Steagles".
10. Pittsburgh is the only city where all major sports teams have the same colors: Black and gold.
So every now and then when you hear somebody mouthing off about a sports fact, drop one of these on them and watch them get real impressed!
That's right! You're a Jersey Girl!