If you are like most sports fans, you get your televised sports news from one source and your online sports info from another (hopefully Jersey Girl Sports is on that list). Then there’s social media. Usually an extension of televised and online media sources, social media serves as another great way to connect to and get sports content. For some, social media is the place to get updates on what’s going on in sports.
Facebook is the number one social media platform so it comes as no surprise that may sports pages have been created to cater to specific sports, teams, groups and fans. We’ve scoured Facebook and here is our list of the top 10 sports Facebook pages you should “like”:
1. Jersey Girl Sports https://www.facebook.com/JerseyGirlSports – It’s OUR page, so why wouldn’t we put ourselves first?! Yes, you get the updates and links to our sports blog hot topics, but even better are the sports conversations that’s good for any Jersey Girl – and even the men weigh-in! It’s all about sports and the sports lifestyle from a woman’s perspective!
2. In The Zone Sports Chat – If you’re looking for sports with lots of entertainment, then this is the place for you! In The Zone is comprised of a small group of members who talk sports and have sports-like conversations. Many of the members are from the Chicago area, so that is a big focus. Don’t be afraid to jump into the conversations, but know your stuff! This is not a place for the thin-skinned and the easily offended. People are serious about their sports, teams and athletes. You’ll enjoy the sports talk and get a good laugh at the same time.
3. DNA Sportstalk – It’s all good and all sports on this page, founded by two friends who just love sports. It’s trash talking without the concern for political correctness. DNA Sportstalk is a good place to jump in on what’s hot in sports.
4. CanDee Sports – Two women – Jersey Girls – Candace and Demishia started this page to facilitate real sports conversations that are happening when people are watching the game. Whether it’s the players, their abilities (or lack thereof) or stats, this page offers enough variety for you to find your place and get in where you fit in!
5. Black Sports Online – It’s a great website and the Facebook page is just as good. You’ll get posts that come straight from the website with headlines that’ll keep you interested and coming back for more.
6. Sports Center – If you like the television show, you’ll love the Facebook page. Sports Center gives you the latest in sports news and good commentary to jump in the sports conversation.
7. Sports Illustrated – This is another great site. SI.com is a long staple in sports media and their Facebook page continues to deliver good sports information. Check them out!
8. Women Talk Sports – While the aforementioned pages speak to male dominated sports, this page is all about women’s sports. Get the latest and best blogs about women’s sports right here.
9. Skirts N Sports – This company, also founded by women, is a media company whose claim is sports with from a “cosmopolitan” perspective. Whether you’re a novice or sports pro, this is a good site to check out.
10. Jocks and Stiletto Jill: She’s billed as “ESPN meets Sex & the City,” Jocks and Stiletto Jill is sports from a girl’s view. Dedicated to covering all things sports entertainment, this page is an extension of her website covering sports entertainment.
No matter what your level of interest in sports be it a player, team or the sport in general, there’s probably a page just for you. Check’em out, like them and join the sports conversation!
Trust me, once you like it, you’ll love it!
Your Jersey Girlfriend,