Top 5 reasons you should watch the World Cup games
Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past few weeks, you’ve been checking into all all the action of the 2014 FIFA World Cup games. Soccer is the most popular sport in the world, and, although it lags far behind football, America’s most popular sport – Americans have been tuning in.
In case you’re still on the fence about whether or not to join in on watching the action, we’ve got the top 5 reasons why you should watch the World Cup games:
1. U-S-A!! – Hey, if nothing else, you should be excited about supporting Team USA. Watching the games gives TEAM USA much needed support. U-S-A!!
2. Soccer players are sexy! – Make no mistake about it soccer players have amazing bodies. They are runners, meaning they have a nice lean, muscular build and strong, powerful legs. Ladies, that translates into 6-packs abs, tight thighs and butts!! This alone should make you want to watch the World Cup.
3. Soccer is an intense sport: These games are coming down to penalty kicks and last second shots! It’s getting a bit vicious too with incidents of biting and dramatic flopping to get refs to throw up penalty cards. You need to check in!
4. Soccer is the number one sport in the world: Like I said earlier, it pales in comparison to football in the U.S, but it is the major sport in all of the rest of the world. Check in. Get with it!
5. Soccer fans are fun: If you thought that hockey or football fans were crazy, check out a soccer match! These fans are die hard supporters of their country’s soccer team. It’s almost scary! Most of it is in good fun and it’s amazing the energy they can bring by even watching a game.
The bottom line is this: the World Cup games are worth watching. You need to get caught up with the rest of the world. If you are not watching, it’s not too late to start. Team USA is still in the game.
Your Jersey Girlfriend,